From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-11 06:19:57

Hello,

boost::iostream's documentation says when we write a device, we are allowed
to throw in the read() or write() function to report an error.
But unfortunately when I do that, it looks like the exception is caught
silently, and -1 is returned.

I couldn't find where that was done in boost::iostream (the only exception
silently caught are when you .close() the stream).
I'm starting to suspect it's mingw that does it or something.

Here attached is a testcase to reproduce the problem, here's the output I
get :

C:\Dev-Cpp\Projects\test>g++ foo.cpp -o foo
C:\Dev-Cpp\Projects\test>foo.exe
testing streambuf_test... works !
testing boost::iostream... failed !

Thank you for your help.