From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-11 13:38:33

Hi,

I directly skipped to the documentation of the gamma function (I'm
no expert with statistical distributions, so I will only review the
special functions) and I have a few questions related to accuracy.
Sorry if the answers are in the documentation, I couldn't find them.

The accuracy table of the gamma function contains "native peak" and
"(native?) mean" values. What are theses native values and how are
they different from the usual values?

I'm also intrigued by the high values of peak and mean for IA32/gcc.
Why are they different from the values for IA64/gcc? Are you using
other datatypes internally? (I haven't looked at the implementation
yet.) Thanks.

Best regards,

Guillaume

PS: the documentation seems really nice. Good job.