From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-11 16:27:23

Abdelmorhit El Rhazi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I first created my project using BGL under Visual C++. The project works fine.
> Then, I want to compile the source files using gcc in linux environment. I got
> a lot of errors by simply calling (gcc mainfile.cpp). Errors such as :
> /usr/include/boost/pending/stringtok.hpp:64: error: redefinition of `bool
> <unnamed>::isws(char, const char*)'
> /usr/include/boost/pending/stringtok.hpp:64: error: `bool <unnamed>::isws(char,
> const char*)' previously defined here

The above error looks bizarre, since the two definitions stem from the same
location. Indeed, looking at boost/pending/stringtok.hpp in CVS HEAD, it appears
the file is missing header guards, so any duplicate inclusion (directly or indirectly)
will cause the above error.
Note that this is totally unrelated to the subject of your mail, i.e. this is
not a compatibility issue. VC++ should actually complain, too.

HTH,
                Stefan