From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-14 12:23:40

As far as I understand extensions to gil will be stand-alone. Which I
think it's a good thing. Of course, there will be an extension
dictionary and for some a addition to boost might be imaginable. But
gil as itself will come without any extension. Also, the gil review
was only for the core lib and not for the io extension.