From: me22 (me22.ca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-14 22:46:46

On 4/14/07, Phil Endecott <spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Searching the list archive reveals several previous discussions of
> extending boost::int_t<N> to work with sizes up to 64 bits. These were
> all several years ago when there may have been compiler issues that
> made this complex. Would it be true to say that today int64_t is
> sufficiently widely available that it could be used in integer.hpp?
>
> I have hacked a local copy to work with int64_t. Patch follows. Any comments?

I made a patch along those lines a few months back that's sitting in
the patches section at SF ( http://tinyurl.com/2gq3xt ). It doesn't
assume the availability of anything bigger than long by using
BOOST_HAS_LONG_LONG and BOOST_HAS_MS_INT64.
 It also adjusts uint_value_t and friends so you can request values >=
2**32 safely.

Hopefully something like this will get applied once 1.34 is dealt with.

~ Scott McMurray