From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-17 02:35:21

Here is my review of the Math Toolkit library:

> What is your evaluation of the design?

Intuitive and easy to use.

> What is your evaluation of the implementation?

No opinion.

> What is your evaluation of the documentation?

Excellent.

> What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

Extremely useful for those of us who use statistics.

> Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any problems?

I tried the library with VC++ 7.1. No problems.

> How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?

I downloaded, compiled and tested the library.
I wrote and tested a piece of code that did some statistical tests with
real data (gene expression data from the plant Arabidopsis Thaliana.)
I may have spent two hours on this.

> Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

I'm a mathematician, and I work in bioinformatics,
a field that makes heavy use of statistics.
So I'm qualified to evaluate the statistics part of the library.
I have less experience with special functions,
so this review is only about the statistics part.

> Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?

Yes, absolutely.
This is an important and very well written library.

I will use it in my future work.

--
Johan Råde