From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-18 22:16:36

> Phil Endecott wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have recently written some code for fixed point arithmetic which I
>> would be happy to contribute to Boost, if it is considered worthy.

I'm interested. You may not know that there was a fixed decimal proposal that
rejected...5 years ago now?

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/IM0mRnFUa0mZSoJEp3yqTReGrwCdpzLigMsOuJuijMvLOeFw0Z2XpsPciI-AFOZ4GeWQNRr0iYXYN3C855UIi0SYUeIf-z3G/fixdec23.zip

You'll probably want to try and look at the review comments and see why it was
rejected.

Michael Marcin wrote:
> AFAIK Boost.Integer doesn't support 64-bit types which forced me to
> roll my own solution.

That's incorrect. There is support for 64-bit types. The documentation,
unfortunately, doesn't say so -- you have to read the header. I use
boost::int64_t and boost::uint64_t in date-time -- works on every platform
boost is ported to AFAIK.

Jeff