From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-20 19:02:54

Jared McIntyre wrote:
> I just started testing the boost 1.34 (RC_1_34_0) cvs branch in our
> main code line. We're getting a lot of warnings with bind. I'm using
> Visual Studio 8 SP1. This is a test case that reproduces the warning:
>
> #include <boost/bind.hpp>
> #include <string>
>
> class WarningTest
> {
> public:
> WarningTest(void)
> {
> boost::bind(&WarningTest::Function, this);
> }
>
> std::string Function()
> {
> }
> };

Seems like an annoying compiler bug, not present in 7.1. It's harmless, the
compiler just doesn't match the partial specialization whose purpose is to
prevent the warning. I'll try to find a workaround, but it might be
difficult; compilers seem to have a lot of trouble with deconstructing
pointers to member functions (and then putting them back again.)

Thank you for the report. Pity that nobody caught that earlier.