From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-20 23:38:16

On 4/21/07, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Gottlob Frege wrote:
> [snip]

> [snip]
>
> And yes, I wish it where also possible to just make free floating C
> functions. But that's not easily possible, since you can't make existing
> C function pointers bigger at will.

But you can use tss and have no problems of that kind. But you will
surely have other problems, you now can't pass the function to another
thread, which is quite hard to guarantee.
But I believe you can guarantee thread-safety between codes of
different translation units. Inside the same translation unit, any
"creation" of a new c-adapter would replace the old one, but two
translation units wouldn't mess with the other. Which may be enough.
Sorry if the library already does this, I didnt look into the implementation.

> --
> -- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything
> -- Redshift Software, Inc. - http://redshift-software.com
> -- rrivera/acm.org - grafik/redshift-software.com
> -- 102708583/icq - grafikrobot/aim - grafikrobot/yahoo

Best regards,

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida