From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-23 08:52:17

Hi,

The project should make it clear how it supports different needs and it
allows a basic to advanced path:

CGI: support to allow any c++ program to output results to a browser
(typical cases are to output a html or an image via a web server)

FCGI,SCGI: support to build a server deamon that interfaces to a web
server via tcp sockets (e.g. apache front-end via mod_fcgi to a custom c++
daemon)

Web server: support to build a basic web server tied to a c++ application
but with the web server also supporting CGI/FCGI on the server-side (e.g.
improved asio http server)

Advanced - simulations, debugging: support to build a web server thread
that can be used to debug the application or to query the status of a long
running application via a web
browser<http://code.google.com/p/gperftools-httpd/>(see
http://code.google.com/p/gperftools-httpd/)

As for the other features (sessions, templates, ..) I think the first
priority should be sessions but probably this is already too much for this
project.

I am glad this project got accepted and also that Chris is mentoring it, as
there is a lot of related work already in asio examples.

regards,
jose