From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-26 01:33:15

On Thursday 26 April 2007 02:07, Thomas Witt wrote:
> Vladimir,
>
> Any idea what's going on here? See Jeff's report at the bottom for
> the problem.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]>
> > Date: April 25, 2007 2:17:19 PM PDT
> > To: Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]>
> > Subject: Re: [boost] [1.34.0] Volunteers needed to check tarballs

> > On the downside, I'm unable to compile, but frankly this isn't a
> > new problem for me on the particular machine -- I have the problem
> > with the RC too. No doubt it's some kind of 'pilot error' on my
> > part...lack of understanding of some new magical v2 process I need
> > to follow (yes, I've read Dave's new getting started). The compile
> > command from bjam basically spits out this:
> >
> > bjam --toolset=gcc
> >
> > -ftemplate-depth-128 -O0 -fno-inline -Wall -g -fPIC -
> > pthread ....
> >
> > meaning it's missing the 'g++-4.0' part of the command. In my user-
> > config.jam file I have:
> >
> > using gcc : 4.0 : g++-4.0 ;
> >
> > but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have those possibilities:

1. Some wrong Boost.Build is used. Can you add --debug-configuration option
to bjam and see where Boost.Build files are being loaded from?

2. Auto-configuration does not like pre-configured version in user-config.jam.
Can you try

        bjam gcc-4.0

3. There's no actually g++-4.0 binary in PATH. Can you check that?

If you fail to fix the problem still, please send me the output of --debug-configuration.

- Volodya