From: SourceForge.net (noreply_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-27 03:15:22

Bugs item #1708530, was opened at 2007-04-27 09:15
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107586&aid=1708530&group_id=7586

not just the latest update.
Category: threads
Group: None

Initial Comment:
[reposting this to the bug tracker]

Hi,

I believe I've found a bug in tss.cpp, for details please ref
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/26591 .

The immediate fix is straightforward, it just involves resetting the native tss value after deleting the pointed-to data at thread exit. Patch is attached to this message. The changes only affects the Win32 platform and I've run the supplied tests under libs/thread/test to verify that it doesn't break anything obvious.

As the bug involves dereferencing a dangling pointer and isn't detected most of the time, I'd really appreciate if the patch could be accepted as soon as
possible. I'm awaiting Roland Schwartz to "bless" the patch. If he agrees, would it be possible to accept this for 1.34?

/ Johan