From: Maurizio Vitale (mav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-27 07:40:07

What is the rationale for not having proto::tags match the corresponding
mpl metafunctions?

For instance mpl has plus and proto has add (but unary_plus).
Since people will often mix the two, it would be nice to have the same name.
(I basically have to look them up everytime I use one of them)

If the intention was to make them different so that they can be mixed
without namespace qualification I think they're not different
enough. Given divide and divides, which is proto's and which is mpl's?

Clearly one gets used to these things, but maybe it is something to
consider before finalizing proto for inclusion in boost.

regards

        Maurizio