From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-29 04:11:55

I have seen Phil's code, but I wonder if Maurizio is willing to offer a
peak at the proto-fied library he is working on as well? I am curious to
see the different approaches and also I wonder if either of you are
willing to consider non power-of-two scaled values. For instance images
are commonly stored using 8bit integers, but with the assumption that
255 is actually 'one'. Also dollars can be apparently by treated as
scaled<int64_t, 100> in order to prevent some floating point errors.
If the library included something like scaled<uint8_t, 255>, along with
operators and their return types as discussed for fixed points, then I
would personally be extremely interested.

John