From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-29 09:23:13

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
>
>> Does our testing infrastructure allow a test to return a "skipped/not
>> applicable" status, that is, to inform the test script that the
>> current test requires optional features that are not supported by
>> the current compiler?
>>
>> I'm thinking specifically of move - rvalue reference - support.
>
> How do you want the presence of that 'optional features' to be
> detected?

I don't think I want it detected from the outside. My test will detect it by
using, for example, #ifndef BOOST_HAS_RVALUE_REFS, and transform itself into
a single "return EXIT_SKIPPED;" statement.

The idea is that I know that the feature isn't present since it's wrapped in
the same #ifdef in the library header.