From: Braddock Gaskill (braddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-29 12:23:30

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:53:59 -0700, Stjepan Rajko wrote:
>> > it is asynchronous maybe something like a future would be a good way
>> > of providing the modified value? (speaking of, could someone suggest
>> > a futures implementation out of the ones that were floating around a
>> > while back?)
>>
>> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/04/119927.php
>
> Thanks, I downloaded it and will start playing with it for async calls.

Note, I've just uploaded a very minor update of that future library at http://braddock.com/~braddock/future

It fixes a minor bug in the future_group &&/|| ops (which is still very early),
and makes some minor adjustments to future_stream (again, still at the very
early stage, although I am personally using it).

I also added a way to obtain a future<void> which becomes set when another
future is "needed" - if you are using the lazy future evaluation features.
This special future can be used as a guard for an as-needed producer within a
concurrent scheduler (like libpoet, or in my case my own).

I'm hungry for feedback on this library. Please note that it should be
considered still immature, although my confidence in it increases with daily
use, and my unit test code is now larger than the core library itself.

Braddock Gaskill
Dockside Vision Inc