From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-01 10:23:24

Jeff Garland wrote:

>> Are there tools to keep Subversion and CVS repositories synchronized? If
>> that's the case the adaptation of the infrastructure to Subversion could
>> take place in a development branch while your plan is carried out.
>
> Don't know, but I'm sure the infrastructure development can be done in
> parallel with just a little thought.

I would expect that the switch to subversion itself takes only little time,
and requires only little adjustment to existing infrastructure bits (automated
checkouts and updates, checkin notifications, etc.).
What takes a bit longer is the preparation of the move (but that can be done
while a new release is still prepared from CVS), as well as some subsequent
cleanup (directory reorganization, etc.) following the move.

So, I don't see any need to keep two repositories in parallel, really.

I'd be curious to know how easy a switch from CVS to SVN with the current
boost repository would be. Douglas, have you attempted to run cvs2svn or
similar on the repository ?
How much work is needed before the transfer could happen ?

Thanks,
                Stefan