From: Michael Gopshtein (mgopshtein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-02 16:02:29

"Atry" <pop.atry_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Michael Gopshtein ??:
>>> Just dump the stack at the exception's constructor.
>>>

>> Yes, that's what Pavel Antokolsky has suggested too. I agree that it can
>> be
>> a good solution. The only limitation - you have to make sure all
>> exceptions
>> are derived from some special class, which is not possible for exceptions
>> thrown from 3rd party libraries.
>>

> Try to catch the exception thrown from 3rd party libraries, and throw
> another one.

Sure, but I didn't mean it's impossible, the whole intend is making the
process easier. When in many places in the code you call external functions,
you will need to have try-cach block in lot of functions.

Sometimes you do want to catch specific types of exceptions, and to handle
them properly. But if all you want is printing a stack trace when exception
occurs, you'd ideally have single try-catch block in the 1st frame of each
thread.
Using custom stack trace, which remembers "history" of recent calls makes it
possible.