From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-03 13:56:34

On May 3, 2007, at 12:57 PM, Janek Kozicki wrote:

> Doug Gregor said: (by the date of Thu, 3 May 2007 11:53:07 -0400)
>
>> please read http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSubversion
>
> This TRAC software looks quite interesting.
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/about
>
> Please tell me - do you plan to use it for boost development, once
> boost switches to SVN (like bugtracking, which is currently done on
> sourceforge)?

Yes. At some point in the (near) future, we will migrate all of the
bug reports from SourceForge over to Trac, so that we get Subversion/
Trac integration. For example, when committing a fix for a Trac
ticket, one can write "Fixes #39" in the Subversion log message.
Subversion/Trac will automagically close ticket #39 and cross-
reference that Subversion commit with the Trac ticket.

> Do you maybe plan to switch the boost homepage into it?

Not to Trac, no. Trac is great for collaboration among developers,
but it does not make a very appealing user-centric site. There are
other plans for the Boost web site, but I'm not in charge of that.

> I'm asking because I am currently looking for something to use for
> the development of my application.

Trac is *wonderful*. Very highly recommended.

        - Doug