From: Bill Hoffman (bill.hoffman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 09:05:30

Hi,

I noticed the "boost development process / scope" thread on your list.
A CMake user posted a link to your discussion. There is significant
interest in the CMake community to help boost transition to CMake.
Several people on the CMake list have volunteered to help, and
Kitware is willing to put about 2 man weeks of effort into the conversion.
I think that CMake has all the features to do what you need at this point,
but if any bugs or issues are discovered during the process, we can fix
them and/or provide work-arounds for the issues.

I realize you have not yet decided on moving to CMake, but I thought
I would put out this offer so that you could consider "free" support
as one of the benefits you will receive from the port to CMake.

I can see this happening in two ways. One would be for a CMake developer
to create initial cmake files for boost, and get the basics working. Then,
the work would be turned over to the Boost community. The other way
would be to have a boost developer create the build files with help and
support
from the CMake community. Either way works for me. Of course,
no one will want to do anything unless there is a commitment to
actually use CMake.

I will stay on this list while you decide, and answer any questions about
CMake that may come up.

Thanks, and I look forward to working with the boost community in
the future.

-Bill