From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 18:15:22

Daniel Walker wrote:

>>> I've attached a patch that leaves borland and g++ <= 4.0 as they
>>> were. I also changed my little addition to the documentation to
>>> reflect this. And one more thing, I couldn't find a macro analogous
>>> to BOOST_MSVC for gcc's version number that I could use with
>>> BOOST_WORKAROUND. I added one (BOOST_GCC) in
>>> boost/config/compilers/gcc.hpp that does the same things as MPL's
>>> gcc config file. Let me know if there's some other way this should
>>> have been done.

I'd like to understand the motivation behind
BOOST_BIND_ENABLE_INLINE_PLACEHOLDERS.

Other comments:

BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_GCC, <= 0x0400) is always true when the compiler
isn't GCC since BOOST_GCC is not defined.

Depending on the BOOST_GCC macro means that bind.hpp will not work as
intended with an empty config.hpp. It did once, and I've been careful to
retain this feature... not that it's being tested, or that anyone I know
takes advantage of it. :-)

How about just using

#if defined(__BORLANDC__) || defined(__GNUC__) && (__GNUC__ * 100 +
__GNUC_MINOR__ <= 400)

?