From: Jason Stewart (jstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-11 13:09:37

Thomas Witt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1.34.0 release candidate 3 is now available from:
>
> http://www.boost.org/release/.
>
> It contains a number of doc changes. Toolset version auto detection
> with msvc. And a fix for missing files in the install (bjam install).
>
> Please give it a try and report any problems to the developer list or
> directly to me.
When I build this (using bjam --toolset=msvc install) it installs to
c:\boost\include\boost-1_35 and the library files have 1_35 as the
version number. This was done with Borland/CodeGear Turbo C++ and with
Microsoft VC 8.

Also, I tried to build with msvc-8.0 as the toolset and it told me that
8.0 was not a valid version number. I can use msvc as the toolset but
then there is not a compiler version number in the resulting libraries.
(i.e. libboost_thread-vc-mt-1_35.lib).

Am I doing something wrong? Am I the only one seeing this issue?

Jason