From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-12 17:17:56

OK, I was a little off about the maximum common subsequence thing -
getting the length of the maximum common subsequence would require:
 - initialization of top row and left column of d to 0
 - instead of min you use max (so instead of "costs" things become
"scores") - this is another useful thing to let the user specify
 - "insertion" and "deletion" scores (moving horizontally or
vertically through table) become 0
 - comparison score function (moving diagonally through table) is 1
for equal characters and 0 for unequal

I _think_ that should be right... but I'm still talking off the top of
my head :-) sorry for any mistakes.