From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-16 05:42:25

For what little it's worth, my take on Boost. Build can be summed up:

On Boost.Build - when it's good, it is very, very good, and when it's bad it is horrid.

On moving to use CMake - Better the devil you know. And anyway my shinking brain is full ;-)

Apart from loathing the bizarre syntax of jam, I think the main problem with people using Boost.Build remains the lack of helpful
documentation including tons of examples.

And, as John has noted with Quickbook, if the minor but really annoying snags can be cured, we have some 1st class tools for builds
and writing docs.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]