From: Piyo (cybermax_69_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-17 13:17:44

Bjørn Roald wrote:
> #include <boost_1_34_0/filesystem/path.hpp>
>
> and should work. It also replaces all instances of BOOST_ prefix in
> preprocessor symbol definitions and references with BOOST_1_34_0_ and

cool you just answered my coworker's question without seeing it :)

> Other issues:
>
> From my very limited knowledge of boost::regexp, I did not find a way
> to solve replacing
>
> namespace boost
> {
> }
>
> with
>
> namespace boost { namespace 1_34_0
> {
> }} // end namespace boost::1_34_0

Hmmm I was thinking of the same issue. How can we build a tool to
insert the nested namespace. My coworker said that it should be
a matter of brace matching while ignoring string literals with
braces. In other words, we might be able to get away with a simpler
parser but probably much more than what regex can do.

> Where searching for the ending curly braces is the challenge. I had
> some success experimenting with boost::expressive, but this code is far
> from ready. I am also a lot more concerned with parsing issues and
> robustness as I envision many "reasonable" ways to break the matching.
> So my suggestion is to start with the boost::regexp code which works
> well for the simpler use-case.
>
> If anybody want to work on the nested namespace use-case, then I am
> happy to provide them with my code. I do however not have time to spend
> on this now, sorry.

That's so sad :( But thanks for the prototype. It can only help :)