From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-18 17:53:20

Tim Blechmann wrote:
[...]
>> Note, however, that gcc 4.2 is not a target compiler for the release;
>> it's unlikely that anyone would agree to significant code changes in
>> order to fix any problems that might be related to gcc 4.2.
>> Consequently, I expect the gcc 4.2 test results only to be of
>> informational value.
>
> well, i have no idea about the release procedure of boost, but if bugs
> are known and not hard to fix, i don't see any reason, why they
> shouldn't be fixed for the 1.34.1 release ...

Possibly because every additional fix entails some risk of introducing
regressions?

When all's said and done it's a question of defining the scope of 1.34.1
  . In my opinion the couple of weeks Thomas wrote about are way too
short to add other compilers to those officially supported by 1.34.x .
After all, why gcc and not Borland? Their new product is apparently due
out in a few weeks time...

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti