From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-24 15:26:08

On 05/24/2007 01:52 PM, Eric Friedman wrote:

> The question I have now is the urgency of the fix. In particular, this
> issue has been in the code since the beginning but has not been
> reported, suggesting perhaps it has not caused problems in practice. Do
> you have any thoughts?

AFAICT, it's not at all urgent. As implied elsewhere in this newsgroup,
( http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20051028.195214.9f0154e1.en.html )
there's probably very few compiler/platforms that
produce non-power-of-2 alignments.

Just thought I'd make sure though. It certainly would help
if the rationale for using max (e.g. input conditions:
all alignments are power of 2) were put in as
comments in the code. Actually, I'm trying to understand
alignments myself and I just wanted to make sure max was
used because the code expected all alignments were power of 2.