From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-26 11:16:57

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Thu May 24 2007, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's not a question of adaptation. Many people checkout the top level
>> sandbox dir, myself included, so that they can tell when people add new
>> projects.
>
> IMO that's not the way to deal with it. If you want notifications we
> should set up an RSS feed or just a mailing list based on the
> post-commit hook.

Hm, we could argue about user interfaces for a long time :-) But I'll
just say that, a minimal UI is better than a layered UI. Sure we could
add another layer (or facet) to the SVN interface as you suggest, but it
just makes the use of SVN that one layer more complicated to use.

> Well, Troy has been using externals very effectively; you just need an
> appropriate project organization.

Sure, I didn't say his use wasn't effective, just that it doesn't work
for *our* general use. But since you stepped into it, please suggest a
better project organization. After all the point of doing the sandbox
move is to discover problems with how we are doing things.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything