From: Costin Calisov (costin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 02:59:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Woods" <cwoods_eol_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] boost::final similar to boost::noncopyable

> The latter gets around's MSVC error re: no copy constructor or explicit
> copy constructor. It seems that MSVC compiler is implicitly defining an
> explicit copy constructor so you have to declare one to get around it.

Hi Chris,

I was hopping also, but I must do something wrong, I copy paste your code in
VC71, and VC8 and get the same error with no copy constructor ...following
is the full code I used:
class final_base
{
protected:
        final_base();
};

class final : public virtual final_base
{
protected:
        final();
private:
        final(const final&);
};

class B : final
{
public:
        B() {}
};

/*class C : B
{
public:
        C() {} // Error - no derive from the B but msg is not obvious IMHO
};*/

int main()
{
        B t1;
        B t2(t1); // Okay - because of private copy constructor in final
}

Best Regards,
Costin Calisov