From: Lukas Fittl (lfittl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 12:59:23

On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Ares Lagae wrote:
> I have developed a small library for binary I/O, called binary_iostreams,
> and I am using it in several of my own projects. I was wondering if there
> is interest for such a binary_iostreams library?
>
> The binary_iostreams is a small library, very similar to the iostreams
> library. Compared to iostreams, the unformatted I/O operators remain, and
> the formatted I/O operators now do binary I/O. This makes the
> binary_iostreams library easy to use for anyone acquainted with the
> iostreams library. The binary_iostreams library allows to set the
> endianness of the output stream. Together with <cstdint>, this allows for
> portable binary I/O, although binary_iostreams does not claim to be a full
> blown serialization library.

Hi Ares,

I tried to use your library to build the message parsing/writing part of a
Server, and failed, because I didn't find an easy way to simply write the
resulting binary data into a std::vector<char> for sending it to a socket
later on. What is the best way to solve that problem?

Btw.: Your library fails to build on a gcc 4.3 pre-release because
binary_istream.cpp doesn't include the limits header.

Thanks a lot,
Lukas

--
Lukas Fittl <lfittl_at_[hidden]>