From: Martin Bonner (Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-01 04:16:29

From: Martin Bonner

OK. I've fixed the crap quoting. Now it's time to apologize for the
crap content. Specifically, section 3.2 [one definition rule] paragraph
5 says:

"There can be more than one definition of a ... non-static function
template ... in a program provided that each definition appears in a
different translation unit, and provided the definitions satisfy the
following requirements."

(The requirements are met by a definition dragged into two translation
units via #include.)

In other words Peter is right; you don't need to declare a function
template as "inline". If you do, the only effect may be to encourage the
compiler to inline it.

--
Martin Bonner
Project Leader