From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-04 16:54:56

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:57:00PM +0300, Peter Dimov wrote:
> troy d. straszheim wrote:
>
> > (in directory BOOST_ROOT, say)
> >
> > iostreams/
> > include
> > boost/ # contains only dir 'iostreams'
> > iostreams/
> > *.hpp # notice each project has its own include dir
> > src/
> > test/
> >
> > variant/
> > include/
> > boost/ # contains only dir 'variant'
> > variant/
> > *.hpp
> > test/
>
> This works and is a good solution from a testing standpoint... but I don't
> support it for purely selfish reasons; it breaks my "CVS HEAD" use case. :-)
> I'd still like to have a 'trunk' from which I can 'svn update'.

I you might misunderstand how this works. It does what you want. I'd
taken your requirement for obvious.

My workspace (CVS HEAD) contains some svn:externals that look like
this:

  iostreams https://svn.boost.org/svn/projects/iostreams/trunk
  variant https://svn.boost.org/svn/projects/variant/trunk
  date_time https://svn.boost.org/svn/projects/date_time/trunk
  (etc)

which means the code layout looks like that above. When I svn update,
each of those subdirectories are updated recursively. I can make one
commit across multiple projects.

-t