From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 10:35:17

Tom Brinkman wrote:
> Thanks John for starting this thread.

   Happy to help.

> In the case of John Phillips, even though he hasn't sumbitted a
> library; (if I recall correctly), he is a Professor of Mathmatics and
> has contributed regularly to many discussion on various topics on the
> boost mailing list. His reviews have always been among the most
> thoughtful and relevant. We could only hope that all "reviews" are
> handeled as well his. We are fortunate that he has also voluntered to
> be the "Review Manager" for the upcoming "review" of Eric Neibler's
> "Time-series" library.

   My background is actually theoretic astrophysics, and my work is
largely about computational simulations. That said, I also wind up
teaching math, computer science and copmutational science classes.

   Thanks for the pat on the back, by the way. I'm glad people think I'm
doing well.

> We have had many discussions behind the scenes about how to improve
> the review process. Hopefully, this thread will start another such
> discussion.

   That was the goal.

                        John