From: fred bertsch (fred.bertsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 20:10:24

I am by no means an expert at the review process, but I have managed a
few reviews, and I spent a fair amount of time doing some things that
aren't mentioned in Eric's list.

1. Helping a new library author get a review started. While this isn't
specifically listed in the role of the review manager, it can be
helpful.

2. Helping to navigate some of the politics of the Boost community.
It's not bad most of the time, but I've had to intervene more than
once.

In general, a review manager can make the fairly bureaucratic process
less stressful and more pleasant for someone who hasn't already gone
through the process several times. I suspect neither Eric nor Peter
need this sort of help, but some others probably appreciate the help.