From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-08 12:31:55

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Andrey Semashev <andysem_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Viernes, Junio 8, 2007 6:04 pm
Asunto: [boost] [multi_index] User-defined indices
Para: boost_at_[hidden]

> Hello,
>
> Reading the Boost.MultiIndex docs I found that support for
> user-defined index types is planned. Quite occasionally recently I
had
> the need of such functionality and finally developed my own container
> class for that. Are there any more concrete plans on this improvement
> of Boost.MultiIndex (a release version or a date)? I guess, the major
> part of it will be documenting the interface between indices and
> container itself?

Hello Andrey,

That feature is there on the future work section, but
for the moment being I don't really know when/if is going to
be provided. The main problem with documenting the internal
interface of indices is that I'd be bound to freeze it, and
as it happens I've had ocassionally the need to modify the
interface or augment it to support new funcionalities or
optimize some aspects.

I'm curious about those special indices you've been in need
of. If they are of general interest and you want to contribute
the code maybe they can be adapted and included into the lib.
Also, maybe if you explain their purpose we can come up with
a way to have the functionality with the current public
interface of Boost.MultiIndex.

Best regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo