From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-14 13:38:23

"Sebastian Redl" <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote
> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>> I would say that, if your technique, as a library author, can easily lead
>> the violation of language rules by your users, even though these users
>> don't
>> do anything obviously wrong, such technique can be defined as invalid.
>>
> Define "easily", then.

I have to admit that using a main template for a type in one TU, and a
specialization for the same in another TU probably doesn't make a lot of
sense, and one can further enforce using specialization by not providing the
definition of the main template. So, my example doesn't hold.

Regards,
Arkadiy