From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-18 14:45:31

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Sun Jun 17 2007, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> It could. Usually somebody sends out "Hey check out my such-and-such
>>> project" to the mailing list with a url in the sandbox. So you're
>>> never trolling through there randomly looking for stuff.
>> I do that all the time.
>
> Can you use Trac search to make it practical even with a different
> project structure?

To "browse" the projects in Trac you don't need any search at all. You
can just browse the tree. But I prefer solutions which don't rely on
extra tools. In the same vein I could use a client side repo browser to
do the same, tsvn has a rather nice one. But others might not be so
lucky. And I still prefer just doing a checkout and browsing around on
my local drive both for what projects are there, and randomly reading
other peoples code. Yea... I admit it... I'm a code voyeur :-)

Ultimately it's much easier to tell people just do:

   svn co http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox

To see the sandbox projects. It's the ease of one stop shopping ;-)
Which I think we want, since it improves the general accessibility of
the sandbox projects.

>> And I keep arguing that the common use case for
>> the sandbox, and Boost in general, is precisely the inverse of what you
>> think it is.
>
> I'm not sure anyone should presume to know what the common use case is
> :)

Good point... I was basing my statement on personal observations. There
have been two or three persons who mentioned getting the whole of
sandbox as a usual pattern for them. Although I can only specifically
remember Victor saying that at this time.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything