From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-19 13:20:45

Stephan Tolksdorf wrote:
> Users then could define their own policies by providing a new
> specialization of the policy_traits class for their (unique) ID and
> would call the special functions similar to
>
> quantile(
> poisson(100),
> 0.05,
> fast_policy
> );
>
> This would avoid the complicated meta-programming you suggested
> without compromising on the level of control.

Thanks, that's an interesting idea, however, I've written the
meta-programming code now and got it as fast to compile as policy-free code
for the default case, so I think it'll work out OK - fingers and toes
crossed!

I think I'll test this out with the gamma functions and see how it shapes
up.

Regards, John.