From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 12:07:33

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 19:59 +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > I would strongly advise that everything go into Quickbook format. It's
> > far easier to write documentation in Quickbook than Boostbook, and
> > Quickbook gives us more options.
>
> What options? Since you've authored Boostbook you must know better,
> but I still don't see the value in using home-grown documentation format.

The option to eliminate BoostBook entirely, so that one can translate
directly from Quickbook to Docbook.

I'm making the assumption that it's better to have something home-grown
but simple (Quickbook) rather than something loosely standards-based
(extends DocBook) that is hard to use.

I may have built BoostBook, but I write everything with Quickbook
+Doxygen nowadays. Those two work very well together as the user-level
interface to the documentation toolchain; BoostBook and its XSL is
really just an inconvenient intermediate format right now.

  - Doug