From: Steven Siloti (ssiloti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 17:47:38

Scott Woods wrote:
> [...]
I did not mean to imply that iterators should be the exclusive means of
access, my thinking at the moment just happened to depart down that
tangent. What I really meant to say is that I would like to see an I/O
library who's lowest level uses generic programming and extends on
concepts used in the STL rather than the OOP style used with IOStreams
and the Java I/O library. Higher level operations like formatted output
could be implemented on top of this foundation.

Going further down the iterators tangent I could imagine having the
ability to create block level iterators that deal in arrays of elements
for when one would want to use an iterator to do bulk processing.

Steven Siloti