From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 20:56:13

I'm using boost build to build my own code as well as boost. Boost is under
the same Jamroot as my own directories, so that when something from my own
Jamfiles needs a Boost component, it just refers to it. Every time I build
*my own* code, I get this in the log -- even if everything is up to date,
and even if the code I am building does not depend on boost:

WARNING: No python installation configured and autoconfiguration
         failed. See http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html
         for configuration instructions or pass --without-python to
         suppress this message and silently skip all Boost.Python targets
warning: Python location is not configured
warning: the Boost.Python library won't be built
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(don't panic: this is a strictly optional feature).

Am I doing something wrong? I find it very annoying that I get this kind of
noise. It would be slightly better if I'm getting these warnings when I
actually use the lib that's outputing them, but even then I should simply
get build errors, IMO.

Thanks,
Emil Dotchevski