From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-23 22:46:31

Gennady,

I will let other people participate in the discussion. But I want to
state one more time that the current effort to achieve a common look &
feel for Boost docs needs that the standard format for boost
documentation be "docbook", we are not trying to impose the quickbook
format. Please do not forget that. We want xml docs because they are
wonderful to work with.

Please separate the discussion of whether to use docbook as the
standard docs from using Quickbook.

A lot of people have started to love Quickbook and when translating
the old docs we are writing in it because it is far more easy to
maintain for us. We then use quickbook to convert this .qbk docs into
docbook that (if things go right) will be the standard format required
by boost.

Do not mix things, we both want to see Boost going into the docbook
format. If you do not want to use quickbook, just do not use it.
Accept that what may be a bad tool for you can be a very productive,
fun and just amazing tool for a lot of other people.

Best regards
Matias