From: Johan Torp (johan.torp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-11 10:10:17

I ran across a similar problem when I implemented my observable_value
suggestion (http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/06/123263.php) and
wanted to write a generic operator<T>= for all operators (+=, /=, %= and so
on).

The problem with operators of built-in types seems a bit related to those of
constructors; you can't treat them as ordinary function pointers.

It'd be great if this proposed library could solve this "operator problem"
too. IMHO, a solution to the operator problem is not near as important but
if there is a general and not much more complicated solution to both, it
would be great.

Best Regards,
Johan Torp