From: Steve Trutane (trutane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-17 06:31:17

On 7/15/07, Felipe Magno de Almeida <felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 7/15/07, David Bergman <David.Bergman_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On Jul 15, 2007, at 4:41 PM, Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
> >
> > Have you seen Ogre 3D? Anyway, we should setup a Boost Game Engine
> > project, and promote it as an intrinsic part of TR 3 :-)
>
> I've seen it, but I didn't liked much to be honest. The implementation
> seemed to reinvent the wheel all the time and it wanted to do more
> than I think it should.
> But the boost game engine seem like a nice idea. ;)
> We probably should take the discussion private.

Scorched 3D is another cross-platform C/C++ game project worth
checking out: http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/

My video game crazy 6-year old has asked about writing his own game
and I was thinking about using this as an opportunity to dive into
this world with him. I've been wondering what would be the best
language/platform to use for this, in terms of ease of use, library
depth, performance, future proofness, and programming pedagogy. At
this stage, I'm wavering between Java and Flash, but have kept my
radar out for a C++ game engine too. A boost-based project along these
lines would be welcome.

Steve