From: Yigong Liu (yigongliu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-21 02:40:19

Hello,

On 7/19/07, Paul Baxter <pauljbaxter_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 2) In your conversations and literature studies have you found any
> intellectual property claims that might limit access to 'join' methodology
> (Microsoft patents ?).

I received clear confirmations from researchers at both Microsoft Research
and Moscova INRIA that there is no patent for Join-Calculus and Cw. Also i
do not have / use any source code from Cw, although my implementation is
based on the design and ideas from Cw paper.

Quote from researcher at Microsoft:
"There's was a deliberate decision not to patent anything related to
Polyphonic C# or the Comega concurrency constructs (other bits of Comega may
have been patented). Nor are there any patents on the Joins library. So I
think you are perfectly safe there."

Thanks
Yigong