From: Andrey Semashev (andysem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-24 17:16:31

Rene Rivera wrote:
> luca regini wrote:
> [...]
>
> Yes, more application level libraries are important.
>
>> Anyway i see that still
>> boost miss some pieces that are very important for enterprise
>> applications:
>
>> for example a logging library
>
> Yes, and there have been various attempts to create a logging library.
> But the price to pay for coherency, to the C++ standard libraries in the
> case of Boost, is that it takes time and many times multiple tries to
> come up with such libraries.

I hope, in time we will be able to make a proposal in this area.

> [**] There's an existing list of library requests in the wiki
> <http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?WantedLibraries>.

Is this page moderated or anyone (me, for example) may add his request
there?

Anyway, it might be better if some kind of link ("Missing something in
Boost? Let us know!") was on the www.boost.org main page. The link could
lead to Trac page in order to collect tickets for feature requests.