From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 16:58:51

"Doug Gregor" <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote

>>> It's still there, although I don't know how useful it is.
>>
>> Doesn't GCC care about backward compatibility?
>
> Yes, but they worry a lot less about backward compatibility for GCC
> extensions, especially when those extensions are superseded by real
> language features. That said, I don't believe that anyone has
> proposed removing "typeof" from GCC.

Maybe it does make sence to use decltype where available rather than typeof,
since decltype is supposed to be better supported...

Having said this, the decltype functionality that makes it decltype can not
be available through BOOST_TYPEOF due to portability issues :-(

Regards,
Arkadiy