From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-01 00:47:46

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2007, at 7:42 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
>
>> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>>> Please report any problems to me to the main Boost list, and we will
>>> try to resolve them as quickly as possible.
>> I just checked out the svn repository, and I noticed that every file I
>> ever deleted from the cvs repository is back. For instance, the entire
>> directory "boost/xpressive/detail/static/productions" is old dead
>> code I
>> deleted eons ago, and now it lives again. This is a major problem, if
>> it's happening to other people, too.
>
> I'm guessing this is related to
> http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/faq.html#atticprob
> and is caused by corruption in the SourceForge CVS repository that
> had some files in both a CVS directory and in the Attic. I don't know
> how this corruption occurred, but the safest route (from the
> perspective of preserving history) is to keep both copies of the
> files. That may be what happened here.
>
> I wonder what other files are affected... I'll be happy to clean this
> up if we can figure out how to identify these files.

Diff the trees?

I just tried to clean up xpressive's files, and found that I can't write
to the subversion repository:

$ svn commit -m "delete old data resurrected in the switch to svn"
detail/static/productions/ detail/static/transforms/fold_to_xxx.hpp
detail/static/transforms/transform.hpp proto/compile.hpp proto/compiler/
proto/transform/conditional.hpp proto/transform/fold_to_list.hpp
Deleting detail/static/productions
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: CHECKOUT of
'/svn/boost/!svn/ver/38329/trunk/boost/xpressive/detail/static': 403
Forbidden (https://svn.boost.org)

:-(

--
Eric Niebler