From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-01 00:50:35

Douglas Gregor wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The Boost Subversion repository is now back online. All of the files
> in CVS (including their histories) have been imported into the
> Subversion repository. CVS is still available for anonymous, read-
> only access for now, but will not be updated.
>
> The main Boost development branch is available via anonymous, read-
> only checkout at:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/
>
> Or for developer read/write access at:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/

This is great, thanks for making this happen.

I have a nit-picky question -- are we sure that RC_1_34_0
in CVS and SVN is identical? Same question about CVS HEAD
and SVN trunk? The answer "no" is fine -- I guess I can run
diff myself.

> Information about accessing the Boost Subversion repository is
> available at:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSubversion

So, what are development procedures? In particular:

1. Am I free to commit to trunk as I would commit to CVS HEAD?
2. Am I free to create any work branches under /svn/boost/branches
(surely, using names that clearly indicate what the branch is)

- Volodya