From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-01 11:16:25

Beman Dawes wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> on Tue Jul 31 2007, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

>>> After an apparently successful checkout, diff from log isn't working.
>>>
>>> Edit a file. Say trunk/configure.
>>> Using TortoiseSVN, select it. Right click to get context menu. Select
>>> diff. Works fine.
>>>
>>> Using TortoiseSVN, select it again if needed. Right click to get context
>>> menu. Select show log. Works fine. Select one of the log messages. Right
>>> click for context menu. Select Compare with working copy.
>>>
>>> This results in an error dialog: PROPFIND request failed on
>>> '/svn/boost/svn/bc/36681/trunk/boost/configure' ... 207 Multi-Status
>>> (https://svn.boost.org)
>> Beman,
>>
>> Can you reproduce your problem using the canonical command-line tool?
>> I doubt the repo maintainers are set up to test with tortoise.
>
> No. svn diff works fine from the command line.
>
> Maddening. Works fine with local (non-boost) repositories. I'm about to
> check a remote non-Boost repository.

Not only does TortoiseSVN diff work with other repositories, it works
with the boost sandbox. So this is starting to smell like a bug in
TortoiseSVN, perhaps related to the little dance Doug did with the
devel/trunk names.

It really would be helpful if someone else could try a diff on the Boost
trunk (say on index.htm) using TortoiseSVN and report whether it worked
or not.

--Beman